A little help...please?

Discussion and posting of Rip Art
Craig Johnson

A little help...please?

Post by Craig Johnson » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Can anybody with an older computer (such as a 286, 386, or 486) unzip the file near the bottom of this post, shell out to (or start your computer in) DOS, run the furnished batch (.BAT) file, zip up the resulting icons (they have the .ICN extension), and email me the file please?
My email address is ledmuseum@gmail.com

The reason is that PCX2ICN.EXE is somewhat of a legacy program, and does not produce acceptable results on a newer computer; specficially, it produces icons which are purple in color with furry, blocky text inside them -- and that's not at all what I want if you view some of the furnished .PCX images.

I'm working on menus for somebody's BBS, and I think he would like them sooner rather then later.
O, and I might (read "MIGHT") come back with another batch of .PCX images needing conversion to .ICN format -- but there is no guarantee that this will indeed be so.

Thank you ever so much ahead of time!!! :)

http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/35/majoricn.zip

Craig Johnson

Re: A little help...please?

Post by Craig Johnson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 pm

I've got everything working now; it wasn't PCX2ICN.EXE, it was the .PCX images itself that were at fault...installing a legacy image paint program that offers "Save as..." was the key here.