Sysop of Paul's Waka Waka BBS in Seattle has passed away. :(

General Discussion
Craig Johnson

Sysop of Paul's Waka Waka BBS in Seattle has passed away. :(

Post by Craig Johnson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm

This was originally posted in mid-2006, but was lost when the database for these fora recently went to pot.

I looked on The Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org for this material, but they did not have it either.
So, here it is again -- part of the opening post and the URL to my memorial website anyway:

I have the sad duty of reporting that Paul Casey, sysop of Paul's Waka Waka BBS in Seattle WA. USA, passed away on 06-16-06. :(
The doctor says it was due to kidney failure, but both his sister Tina and I think it was something else; and she had an autopsy performed. The results of the autopsy results won't be known until at least 07-20-06 {as of 10-25-10, the autopsy results are still not known}.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been made, but he is very likely going to be cremated and his ashes spread in a city park - if regulations permit of
course.

This is a photograph of Paul from (I'd guess) the early- to at latest mid-1990s.

The memorial website (not just "page" anymore because it now consists of three pages) I started in August 2006 in his memory to celebrate his life and his BBS is at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/sixth/memorial.htm

I made a number of computer demo programs to help memorialise him; they're on the last page of my memorial website.
There are two versions of each: one that runs on some Windows 98 machines, and one that runs on Windows XP machines.
There are also three BBS advert programs/demos I wrote for him in the mid-1990s; they were made to run on machines using the 80486 CPU, but are known to run on at least some machines using Pentium, Pentium II, and Pentium III CPUs.

DeadMeat

Re: Sysop of Paul's Waka Waka BBS in Seattle has passed away

Post by DeadMeat » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Craig,

We have this entry on the main slbbs.com page. One of the reasons I offered you the files manager job was that Paul did it since almost the beginning. His contribution is noted and appreciated.

Daryl

Craig Johnson

Post by Craig Johnson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:19 pm

DeadMeat wrote:"...One of the reasons I offered you the files manager job was that Paul did it since almost the beginning.
His contribution is noted and appreciated."

I really did appreciate the offer, but like I said, I've just got way too full a plate with my LED Museum website and all (yes, I said "and all" because I administer to a lot of other smaller websites as well!) to take on much of anything more. :ugeek:
Thank you!!! :D :mrgreen: :D

DeadMeat

Post by DeadMeat » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 am

Not a problem, Craig.