New SLbbs online

All discussion related to Searchlight BBS
DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Chris Costakis
The Computer Express
telnet://costakis.org


I am offering a few regs I have for the doors if Chris wants them.

Planets - The Exploration of Space
Legends of the Red Dragon
TWGS and the TW2002 Gold package.

These are not for public publication. If Chris wants to use them he is welcome to them on a loan.

Now many of you others are willing to loan out your numbers to Chris to get the Computer Express going?

Coz
Site Admin
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by Coz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

DeadMeat wrote: I am offering a few regs I have for the doors if Chris wants them.

Planets - The Exploration of Space
Legends of the Red Dragon
TWGS and the TW2002 Gold package.
Thanks for the offer! I have all of those registered except for Planets - TEOS. Never played it... any good??

DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Coz wrote:
DeadMeat wrote: I am offering a few regs I have for the doors if Chris wants them.

Planets - The Exploration of Space
Legends of the Red Dragon
TWGS and the TW2002 Gold package.
Thanks for the offer! I have all of those registered except for Planets - TEOS. Never played it... any good??
Nowhere as good as TW is.

DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Chris's BBS is smooth, well mannered and has the two greatest games on it that was ever played on a BBS. Get in there and support his system.

Daryl

Coz
Site Admin
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by Coz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:30 am

DeadMeat wrote:Chris's BBS is smooth, well mannered and has the two greatest games on it that was ever played on a BBS. Get in there and support his system.

Daryl
Once I get a couple of ANSI screens done, I'll go ahead and advertise it in what's left of Fido.. :lol:

I really wanted to make sure it was stable (and didn't lock up every time someone closes their telnet window) first.

DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Chris, you about ready to advertise your BBS yet? I would like to put a Javascript Telnet client on my new pages. It would bring in users. I notice the games are starting to kick off okay. Lemme know If I get too rough with the youngsters in the games. Afterall, the youngsters need looking after :twisted:

DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 am

Coz wrote:
DeadMeat wrote:Chris's BBS is smooth, well mannered and has the two greatest games on it that was ever played on a BBS. Get in there and support his system.

Daryl
Once I get a couple of ANSI screens done, I'll go ahead and advertise it in what's left of Fido.. :lol:

I really wanted to make sure it was stable (and didn't lock up every time someone closes their telnet window) first.

Looks like you got your wish. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Coz
Site Admin
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by Coz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

DeadMeat wrote:Looks like you got your wish. Everything seems to be working just fine.
Yep, all in all I'm pretty pleased! Please go ahead and add the Javascript telnet client and put the word out wherever you can.

Thanks,
Chris

DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Coz wrote:
DeadMeat wrote:Looks like you got your wish. Everything seems to be working just fine.
Yep, all in all I'm pretty pleased! Please go ahead and add the Javascript telnet client and put the word out wherever you can.

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks, Chris. Playing around with some things for the site itself.

One more thing, I will email you the numbers to TEOS. Might be a good addition to the BBS.

I notice that there are a bunch of games no one will ever play. But a Seth Able game is always a good addition even if no one plays it.

I do wish you would add Globalwars though. I lost my regs years ago. Maybe you can put something on for donations, I don't know. But 15 bucks for a decent Risk Game is always good to add.

DeadMeat
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: New SLbbs online

Post by DeadMeat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Coz wrote:
DeadMeat wrote:Looks like you got your wish. Everything seems to be working just fine.
Yep, all in all I'm pretty pleased! Please go ahead and add the Javascript telnet client and put the word out wherever you can.

Thanks,
Chris
Got the telnet client up on the main page. It flickers way too much but it is usable. I would like to put up something like Flashterm but it would have to be installed on your end.

Please give it some thought to a better Telnet Client. The old Javatelnet client is just that, old. But it's still usable if you don't mind a slight flicker to the screen.

Daryl

Post Reply