SLBBS v5.02 Telnet

All discussion related to Searchlight BBS
NormWood

SLBBS v5.02 Telnet

Post by NormWood » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks to Chris, I was able to finally download SLBBSv5.0, the last version compiled by Frank. The files were missing from the server and I never could get the Disk1/Disk2 version installed. Also, thanks to Chris from fixing the email verification for the forum, it has never worked for me.

I installed v5.0 and all went smooth but upgrading to v5.02, for me, had a few hiccups. The BBS.OVR file was corrupt and would not install so I looked and found the same file, date and size, in the Disk1.zip file. I unrared MainDos.isn and copied the file over. It seems to work. After upgrading to v5.02 and running Register I got a wrong Reg# error. Just for a test I reinstalled v5.0, found the Register.exe and copied it over the file from the v5.02 upgrade and it registered all files but SLBBS.exe, but have yet to run into problems. Last but least, Bitdefender did not like SLBBS32.exe and quarantined it, but since I'm not using the file it didn't matter.

That's about it for now. Not I have to re-learn TheDraw, Pablodraw is good too, and get some ansi made and throw in some doors and give my kids a history lesson. The up/dn works but is crazy slow compared to a cable connection.

telnet://inptct.net:2332

I use SyncTerm for telnet
Last edited by NormWood on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

kentstanford

Re: SLBBS v5.02 Telnet

Post by kentstanford » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Logged in to your BBS and was going to test to see if file downloads were working on your system.
Have you tested this? I got nothing but CRC errors.. If your is working I would love to know or get
a copy of your setup.

Thanks.
Kent

kentstanford

Re: SLBBS v5.02 Telnet

Post by kentstanford » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:31 pm

I got it fixed. I was using an older version of Netfoss and once I upgraded the file transfers work great.

I have spent weeks on trying to figure this out.

YeeeHaw!