Phew!

General Discussion
jrronimo

Phew!

Post by jrronimo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:52 pm

A week or two ago, I was hunting for SLBBS stuff and found the site not coming up... I'm glad that it's back, though!

Anyone still coming by occasionally? How's life?

Coz
Site Admin

Re: Phew!

Post by Coz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Still here! Kind of playing around with Searchlight again inside of a Hyper-V box to see about the viability of putting something public facing back up. Synchronet has everything a modern day BBS aficionado could possibly want, but to me, it lacks in the look and feel. I'm also not a developer, so using JavaScript to customize the system is a major time sink for me.

With regard to the website, sorry, I have moved hosts a couple of times trying to find a platform that provides sufficient horsepower at a reasonable cost... you probably hit the site while I was in the middle of a transition from EC2 to Azure. I need to get PHPBB's issues with sendgrid figured out so that I can open the system up to new users again while hopefully keeping the spambots from making the site unusable (which has happened twice now).

Is anyone up to anything interesting in the Searchlight world?

Chris

dcash

Re: Phew!

Post by dcash » Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 am

Coz wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:44 pm
Is anyone up to anything interesting in the Searchlight world?
Has anyone tried to contact Pat Clawson's family, or even Jeff Reeder, since Pat's passing 18 months or so ago? We know there was no way Pat was going to part with the SLBBS source codes, but perhaps it's worth a try now?